... a little crafty place...


Sunday, June 20, 2010

Lady Cactus Pin Cushion

Hello again!!! I want to show you my new pin cushion...I had to take a little break from crocheting... (yeah I need to show you my new crochet WIP) so I decided to make something simple and quick. I started looking at my old sketches for inspiration and I found this little cactus I drew sometime, somewhere... I can't remember, I just draw the ideas that suddenly come to mind so I don't forget, believe me they might not come back, that's why I have pages and pages all over the place and try to keep them together, while I get a new sketch book, I keep forgetting I need one. So anyway...


Here's my sketchy mess...


And my lady cactus!!! :)

I made the little pattern... and started hand sewing the pin cushion (I'm sure it would be better if I had a sewing machine... that's my next investment, for now, I'll just hand stitch, I still find it fun) . Well, here are some pictures of it... I love it!!!


Oh! yes, I didn't make the little pot, I thought it would be too tall, and I didn't want it falling on it's side.



I'm really happy with it... It's ready to help me hold my pins while I work :) ... I think I want to make more pin cushions, that might be my new hobby!!! On my next post I want to show you my new crocheted pillow... well is a work in progress, but I still want to share the process... Ok, I better get back to work or I'll never finish it... Thanks for stopping by...

Enjoy!!!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

awwww this is so pretty! my mom would be all over that :) so useful!

Post a Comment