... a little crafty place...


Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Merry Christmas Everyone!!!

Christmas is finally here, the most wonderful time of the year!!!. I made dessert for you my lovely readers!. So, I have officially given you the first present...


It's Arroz con Leche or Rice Pudding.

It's a Latin dessert. I bet some of you have tried it before. The recipe varies in every country, I know that in Colombia they add some raisins and some other spices. Here in Venezuela is common to make it with cinnamon mmm... Delicious!

I'll share my recipe with you, but don't tell anyone, it's a secret ;)

Ingredients:
- 1 cup of rice
- 2 1/2 cups of water
- 4 cups of milk
- 1 cup of sugar (If you want it sweeter you can add some more, I like it with just one)
Cinnamon sticks
Powdered Cinnamon
Pinch of salt

Process:
In a saucepan over medium heat, cook the water, rice and salt. When the rice is soft and the grain begin to slit open add the 4 cups of milk, cinnamon sticks and sugar. Cook on medium-low heat until creamy. I would say about 30 mins. Mix constantly so the milk won't burn. Remove from heat and let it chill. Garnish with powdered cinnamon and ENJOY!.

Thanks for visiting and Feliz Navidad to you all!!!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tu eres una dulce, creativa y divertida artista, ademas de que tus trabajos son impecables y con gracia, el estilo contemporaneo y clásico a la vez satisface a todos los gustos, la forma de narrar inspira al lector a seguir cada dia tu Blog.

Eleana said...

Hola Victoria. Visitando hoy blogs de icrochet encontré el tuyo y me parece sencillamente bello!!! Felicidades eres una artista. Recibe un abrazo. Ah! El arroz con leche debe saber a gloria, y más cuando se está fuera de Venezuela. Un beso.

Blue Farfallina said...

Gracias Eleana!!! me gusto mucho ver que tenia un nuevo seguidor y mucho mas que fuera Venezolana!... Todavia no he terminado de ver tu blog, pero me encantan las cositas que he visto. Yo vivi 6 años y medio fuera de Venezuela y ahora estoy en Maracaibo, pero soy originalmente de Valencia, y creci en Barquisimeto, asi que bueno nada mas soy Venezolana jeje. Gracias por visitarme y por comentar. Si quieres tambien puedes visitar mi pagina de Facebook: Blue Farfallina. xoxo ;)

Post a Comment