... a little crafty place...


Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Amigurumi

Since I was a little girl I've been making craft-related "projects". I've always had that curiosity for hand sewing, yarns, crocheting, knitting, beads, all that "meticulous", detailed crafts. No one in my family was very crafty, so no one could really teach me how to make any of these things. Plus, in my country (Venezuela) crocheting or knitting wasn't something a teenager would do. It is something that only grandmas do, (at least when I was growing up) I just became "not interested". So I used to buy beads and make my own jewelry, you know with the elastic string, that kind of simple, little projects.
I remember I used to make my mom take me to the fabric store to get any kind of fabric, draw my name on a squared piece, sew simple stitches and sew another piece on the back, throw some synthetic cotton (I don't really know how it's called) and there I had my own, personalized pillow. I enjoyed the whole process, and to feel that I could make something pretty with my hands, my own design, it was always so... satisfying!!!.
That's how I got myself into crafts :). Crochet and knitting was something I hadn't done yet, so last year, somewhere around May-June, I started looking for crocheting tutorials online, I found many many sites, many talented people who uploads these awesome tutorials, pictures, tips, books! I was amazed of how many people were into this!!, it was exciting!!. So i went and bought a cheap yarn, found a set of 3 hooks, for $0.99 !!! and just started following the tutorials, a lot of trial and error, but I promise It is not! that hard. I would recommend this website, they have many organized and step-by-step explanations, I think that the even have videos now.
Here are some of my projects. The patterns are from Lion Brand. :)


Coffee anyone??? I think I'll make some new and fun tea cups...


I love Owls... Here's a little one


I think this little mouse is one of my favorites...


This is the little Octopus, my mom's favorite. :)

Thanks for visiting!!!...


3 comments:

Unknown said...

peach!!!! i'm a fan already!!!! love u and miss u my crafty banana pancake! (Danny ;)

Blue Farfallina said...

Gracias mi Danny!!! I'm glad you liked it!!! I love you more!!! :)

Anonymous said...

QUE BELLEZAS, TODAS LAS NUEVAS COSAS, ME ENCANATAN LAS ROSITAS TEJIDAS, TE IMAGINAS LO QUE LE HAREMOS A MIS NIETOS ????, Y NI HABLAR DE LA ORGANIZACION DE LAS PEPITAS. :)

Post a Comment