... a little crafty place...


Saturday, August 21, 2010

6 Petal Flower Tutorial

Hello readers!!! I'm so sorry I've been gone for so long. I've been soooooo busy you have no idea. I wanted to let you know that I'll be going on a little vacations to Venezuela (Yay!!!). I'll be gone for about a month, but don't worry!!! I'll be posting from there of course. I've prepared several posts, I just have to press "Publish Post" and you'll be able to see what I've got to show you. Stay tuned for fun tutorials and crocheting ideas. I'll also post some pictures to show you a little bit of my beautiful country.

Now, I've been wanting to post this tutorial for days!!!. It's a really cute flower, and the best thing is, that it's super easy. Let's get started then...

We'll be using the following stitches.

Slip Knot. You can watch my video here if you're not sure how to make one.

Sl St (Slip Stitch). Insert hook, yarn over, pull the loop back through the stitch, then through the loop on your hook.

Dc (Double Crochet). Learn how to make dc here.

Tr (Treble or Triple Stitch). It's the same as dc but this time you yarn over twice on your hook before going through the stitch and then pull through two, 3 times. I'll show some pictures.

First, make a Slip Knot.

Then, ch. 3

Now, make 1 dc on the first chain, or the 3rd chain from your hook. It counts as the 1st stitch.

Dc 12 around on the same chain. It would get a little tight (but that's the idea) ;)

When you're done you should have 13 stitches. Make a Sl st on the 3rd chain of the 1st chain.

Join the second color, and ch.3 (counts as the 1st st.)

Make a knot in the back to secure both yarns.

Make 2 tr on the next stitch.

Now, make 1 tr on the next stitch. Then ch 3.

Make a sc on the base of the last tr. Ch 3 to start the next petal.

Repeat these steps 5 more times.

Sl st at the base of the 1st ch. and make a knot.

Now, hide the yarn on the back of the flower. Pull it through the back stitches several times and then bind off.

Make any color combination!!! It's super easy.

Ok, I'll repeat the petal steps just in case you get a little confused, here it is:

After you've changed colors, **ch3
then 2 tr on the next stitch.
1 tr on the next stitch, ch3
sc on the next stitch, ch3**

Repeat from ** to ** 5 times.

I hope it is clear enough. I mean, it makes sense to me because I wrote it, but PLEASE don't hesitate to make questions, I'll be glad to help you.

Enjoy these pretty flowers!!!

Ciao, Ciao



1 comments:

Photography said...

SOOOOOO glad I found this :-) see my last post and you'll know why! Super excited thanks for the crystal clear tutorial!! :-) Happy to be your 2nd follower too :-)

Post a Comment