... a little crafty place...


Friday, August 6, 2010

Discovering new stitches...

As some of you know, I haven't been crocheting all my life, and that my grandmother didn't teach me how to knit when I was little, hehe. I taught myself to crochet a year and a few months ago, and I also know a few things about knitting. So, I already know some crochet stitches and techniques (yay!) but there's soooooo much to learn. Every time I'm wandering around the internet I find something that I've never seen, a new stitch, a new pattern, new color combinations, etc. There are a few stitches I'm practicing right now, today I want to show you two of them. I love the texture and the dimension of these two... take a look...


This is the basket weave stitch. Super quick and easy to make. You can find tutorials on YouTube. I think this is my all-times favorite, and I promise it's not hard at all. Do you know how to Double Crochet (dc)??? I have a tutorial here, this is the ONLY thing you need to know to make this pattern... Try it!!! you'll love it...


I don't really know the name of this one, sorry!!! but I found a tutorial here and I decided to give it a try. It still looks a little uneven and close together... It's just a matter of time, it'll get better with some practice... Oh!!! and guess what? you just need to know how to make the ch stitch and the dc. Go take a look at my "crochet for beginners" tutorials.

Enjoy!!!
Ciao, Ciao...

0 comments:

Post a Comment